We are excited to announce our new website “Careers in Ashtabula County”
A-Tech has partnered with businesses to show students how they use academics in their careers.
· We answer the question, “Why do I have to learn this?”
· This site will continue to grow with more videos, lessons and activities.
About the A-Tech Career Education Program
A-Tech’s Career Education program provides career-focused education services to K – 12 school districts in Ashtabula County. We provide career exploration opportunities by forming partnerships with community members and local businesses. We coordinate career events and help teachers embed career education into their daily lessons. Our goal is to help provide opportunities for students to make connections between the real world and the classroom, explore careers, and develop professional skills.
In the 2018-19 school year, 28,641 students, teachers and community members participated in career exploration activities coordinated with A-Tech’s Career Education Coordinators.
A-Tech's Career Education Mini-Grant:
- Funds provided to all public school districts for career related activities and events.
Partner with businesses to open their doors for students see a real work environment.
Sponsored Career Exploration Field Trips for entire grade levels in Ashtabula County:
- AG Day – All 1st grade students explore Agricultural careers.
- Career Discovery Day at Kent State Ashtabula for all 5th and 9th grade students in the county.
- Career Exploration at A-Tech for all 8th and 10th grade students in the county.
- Model and teach a variety of customized lessons to K – 12 students.
- Educate teachers on career/workforce trends and how to prepare Generation Z for the workforce.
Presentations to Community
- Provide information about America’s Skills Gap Crisis, and how they can partner with the schools to help prepare Generation Z for the workforce.