Updated August 3, 2020
To: A-Tech Students, Parents, Guardians & Community
From: R. Scott Wludyga, A-Tech Superintendent
This web page will be updated as more information is available.
August 1, 2020
Opening A-Tech & COVID-19
The 2020-21 school year will require some modifications due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Below is the A-Tech plan for the school year:
- Students will be divided into two groups based on their career-technical program:
- A Group students will attend A-Tech on Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other Friday
- B Group students will attend A-Tech on Tuesday, Thursday, and every other Friday
- All academic courses will be delivered online through Google Classroom. However, students will have a class, here at A-Tech, with their academic instructors one period each week. Students will be in their career technical program for the rest of the day.
- To comply with Governor DeWine’s order, all students and staff will wear face masks and have their temperature taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature at or above 100.4° will be isolated and sent home.
- Hallways in some buildings will be limited to one-way traffic.
- During lunch periods, the students will have plexiglass dividers on the lunch tables to separate them from other students.
- We have upgraded our campus to include:
- Air filters in our HVAC equipment that filters out COVID-19
- Installing additional hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the campus
- Replacing all toilet flush valves with automatic touchless flush valves
- Replacing all sink faucets with touchless faucets
- Installing plexiglass dividers in common office areas
Click here to view Group A and Group B programs
Click here to view the attendance calendar
July 28, 2020
Information Day Expanded to Two Days
In order to maintain social distancing, we are expanding Information Day to two days.
August 2nd will be for new students, including CTE students who attended A-Tech last year as sophomores.
August 9th is for all other students who are returning to A-Tech for a second or third year.
Here are the scheduled times for each program:
New students and students entering a junior year program
1:00 – Carpentry and Culinary Arts
1:30 – Architecture & Engineering Design and Electricity
2:00 – Auto Technology and Construction Technologies and Welding
2:30 – Cosmetology and Early Childhood Education
3:00 – Power Sports & Outdoor Equipment and Public Safety Academy
3:30 – Auto Collision and Computer Systems & Networking and Horticulture and Precision Machining
4:00 – Health Care Academy and Visual Design & Imaging
4:30 – Career Technical Exploration and Small Animal Care
5:00 – Career Technical Exploration and Software & Application Design
1:00 – Architecture & Engineering Design and Culinary Arts and Horticulture and Precision Machining
1:30 – Auto Collision and Early Childhood Education and Public Safety Academy and Small Animal Care
2:00 – Auto Technology and Electricity and Health Care Academy and Construction Technologies
2:30 – Carpentry and Power Sports & Outdoor Equipment and Software & Application Design and Visual Design & Imaging
3:00 – Computer Systems and Networking and Cosmetology and Welding