Statement of Non-Discrimination Policy
The Ashtabula County
Technical & Career Center does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities
and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The regulations of Title IX, Title VI, Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title II, Section
504, and Titles I & II of the Americans with Disabilities Act are followed.
Any complaint regarding this non-discrimination policy should be referred to
the Principal, 1565 State Route 167, Jefferson, OH 44047 - Telephone (440)
Section 504 - Notice of Procedural Safeguards
Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is a nondiscrimination statute prohibiting
discrimination against persons solely on the basis of handicap, including
students, staff members, or other participants in the educational programs,
employment, or other activities of school districts receiving Federal financial
assistance. Individual or parent (guardian) rights under Section 504 include
- Right to have your child participate in public education programs without discrimination because of his/her disability;
- Right to be informed of your rights under federal law;
- Right to receive notice with respect to identification and evaluation to determine the eligibility of the individual (student) for necessary to provide access to educational programs;
- Right to have your child educated in facilities and to receive services comparable to those provided to non-disabled students;
- Right to be informed of any proposed action related to determination of eligibility, development of a plan for services, and educational placement of your child;
- Right to examine all relevant educational records;
- Right to receive all information in the parent’s or guardian’s native language and primary mode of communication;
- Right to periodic reevvalations and an evaluation before any significant change in program or service modification; and
- Right to request a hearing before an impartial hearing officer if there is disagreement with the decisions reached by school personnel regarding your child's identification, evaluation, educational program (i.c., accommodations necessary for access to educational programming and/or facilities), or placement.
You may contact the District’s Section 504 Coordinator with additional questions: Principal, 1565 State Route 167, Jefferson, OH 44047 – telephone (440) 576-6015.
The Ashtabula County Technical and Career Center will seek
to acquire all pertinent records from a student’s sending district related to
any disability upon enrollment; and will reconvene the student’s IEP or 504
team if modifications to the IEP or Section 504 plan are necessary to tailor
the plan to the student’s placement at A-Tech. All relevant A-tech staff
will receive information concerning the required disability-related services
and how the IEP or Section 504 plan is to be implemented.
The Ashtabula County Technical & Career Center semi-annual, January 1st through July 31, 2018 summary report includes 5 verified acts of harassment/bullying.
Per Ohio Law, House Bill 276 required all school districts to develop and adopt an Anti-Harassment/Intimidation/Bullying policy by December 31, 2007. In addition to the adoption and implementation of this policy, District administrators are required to provide semiannual summary reports of verified acts of harassment, intimidation and bullying to the District's Board of Education so that information can be posted on the district web site.
All incidents of alleged bullying or harassment shall be reported to the District Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, Mr. Paul Brockett, 1565 State Route 167, Jefferson, OH 44047 - Telephone (440) 576-6015.