The LPN to RN Diploma program is a 12-month, 32 hours per week program consisting of classroom, laboratory and clinical experiences. Financial aid available to those who qualify.
This program has received full approval from the Ohio Board of Nursing.
Graduates of the program are eligible to take the National Council of Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for licensure as a registered nurse. Licensure as a registered nurse is based upon successful completion of all course requirements and achievement of a passing score on the NCLEX examination.
The LPN to RN Diploma Program at A-Tech is working with other university programs to promote the articulation from RN to BSN.
COURSE OF STUDY
- Nursing Transitions
- Assists student with the foundational understanding of the role of the RN and will focus on theory, nursing process, evidenced based practice, critical thinking skills and legal and ethical issues.
- Mental Health
- Students utilize a model of psychodynamics in the restoration, maintenance, and promotion of mental health.
- Maternal Infant Nursing
- This course provides an introduction to the health needs of women and infants and to the delivery of services designed to meet these needs.
- Nursing Adults I, II, III
- Combines theory and clinical to prepare the student to apply physiological, biological and sociological principles in conjunction with the nursing process to meet selected adult client needs.
- Nursing of the Child
- This theoretical and clinical course is to explore childhood diseases and child care from infancy through adolescence.
- Community Nursing
- This course focuses on practice areas within the community caring for individuals, families and groups.
- Nursing Management
- This course focuses on the skills needed to successfully lead and manage people.
- Computer Technology
- Computer concepts for a changing healthcare environment.
Admission to the LPN to RN program is a competitive process and is based on the candidate’s ability to meet the established Admission Criteria. It begins with a successful score on the pre-entrance exam. Students must then meet the minimum criteria listed below for consideration by the Admission’s Committee. The number of available seats in the program is limited. Completion of all criteria does not guarantee admission into the program. Candidates will be assessed and scored based upon the established criteria.
- Proof of LPN license with meds and IV (licensure without restrictions)
- Satisfactory pre-entrance test (sample questions can be found at www.psbtests.com)
- Official transcript from practical nursing program
- Pre-requisite college course work from an accredited university with an earned grade of C or better:
- College level Math Course (i.e. Algebra, Statistics) – 3 credit hours
- Microbiology – 3 or 4 credit hours
- Anatomy & Physiology – 5 credit hours
- Chemistry – 3 credit hours
- Psychology – 3 credit hours
- Sociology – 3 credit hours
- English Composition – 4 credit hours
- Professional References
Gainful EmploymentLPN to RN Diploma Program Gainful Employment DataPLEASE NOTE
: Physical examination report is required after acceptance and prior to enrollment which must include a mandatory drug screen, proof of immunizations for Tdap, Influenza, Hepatitis B, MMR, and Varicella. Download the Physical Examination Form
Call 440-576-5545 or click on the link to receive the RN brochure with the scheduled pre-entrance tests dates. Download Brochure Here 2019-2020 LPN to RN Brochure
A $30 testing fee is required and early testing is strongly encouraged.
The Ohio Board of Nursing website has multiple resources. It contains the scope of practice for the RN, information about educational programs and directions to apply for licensure after program completion. www.nursing.ohio.gov